“Self Registration” (formerly called "Social registration") is a Splynx add-on which allows customers to register in the Splynx portal using their e-mail or mobile phone. Also customers can register and log in using Google+, Facebook or Twitter account.
If you want to use this add-on with social platforms - it is necessary to have API applications . If you don't have one - you can read how to create it below.
To install "Self Registration" add-on please enter the command:
Login to the Splynx-portal via social networks appears on the portal page
After Installation you have to configure add-on at Config / Integrations / Modules List
You may enable or disable Entry Points. There are two entry points in configuration
The first one provides ability to sign-in to Splynx-portal using social networks
The second one provides ability of registration via social networks
Edit URL of your server
Enable social networks that you want to use
You can enable TowerCoverage integration
Change setting and press "Save"
Customer needs to Enter required information, and press “Sign In” button
Login customer to Splynx-portal
- Login with Facebook
If people aren't logged into Facebook, they'll first be prompted to log in and then move on to logging in to Splynx-portal
- Login with Google+
If people aren't logged into Google+, they'll first be prompted to log in and then move on to logging in to Splynx-portal
- Login with Twitter
If people aren't logged into Twitter, they'll first be prompted to log in and then move on to logging in to Splynx-portal
How to create and enable API-apps in Google+, Facebook, and Twitter
You need a Google API Console project to integrate Google Sign-In into your Splynx-site. To create a Google API Console project and client ID, follow these steps:
- Go to the Google API Console ( )
- Select an existing project, or create a new one
- In the sidebar under "APIs & Services", select "Credentials", then select the "OAuth consent screen" tab
- Choose an Email Address, specify a Product Name, and press "Save"
- In the "Credentials" tab, select the "Create credentials" drop-down list, and choose "OAuth client ID"
Under Application type, select "Web application"
"Authorized redirect URIs" - enter these values:
2) (or )
- Press the "Create" button
NOTICE: If the customer receives this error message (during registration or sign-in process), then add “wrong” URI (1), to “Authorized redirect URIs” list
- From the resulting OAuth client dialog box, copy the Client ID and Client secret to Splynx
- And, finally, turn on the Google+ API (
To integrate Facebook Login into your Splynx-site, you must have a Facebook API. Splynx-site must use HTTPS. It is required by Facebook
- Go to developers portal
- Create App
- In “Select a product” select “Facebook Login” (click “Set Up”)
- Do not use Quickstart, use Settings
- Enter “Valid Oauth redirect URIs”:
- Click “Save Changes”
- Go to App Settings / Basic, copy “App ID” and “App Secret” to Splynx
- Enable App as “Public” (from "App Review")
For Twitter integration, go to page Application Management - https://apps.twitter.com/
- Create New App
- Enter application Name, Description, Website, Callback URL (
- From tab “Keys and Access Tokens” copy “Consumer Key (API Key)” and “Consumer Secret (API Secret)” to Splynx
- Go to Permissions and enable "Request email addresses from users"